Certificate 2 in Retail Services
This qualification reflects the role of frontline retail team members who use a defined and limited range of operational skills to undertake workplace activities. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision of others.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to
perform roles such as frontline team member, customer service assistant
and point-of-sale operator.
Unit of Competencies
This course has 12 units of competencies. In order to pass this course, individuals undertaking this course must complete all assessments requirements for all units.
There are 7 core units and 5 electives.
- PGISIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- PGISIRXCOM001 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
- PGISIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- PGISIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
- PGISIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
- PGISIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- PGISIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
- PGISIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
- PGISIRRMER002 Merchandise food products
- PGISIRXPDK002 Advice on food products and services
- PGISIRXLSL002 Follow point of sale procedures
- PGIBSBWOR204 Use business technology