Certificate 4 in Information Technology - PGIICT40120
This course reflects the role of individuals who are job ready and competent in a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) roles and apply a broad range of skills in varied work contexts, using problem solving skills and effective communication with others.
Knowledge and skills benefits from this course includes
will learn and apply skills and knowledge to implement virtual networks using globally recognised
solutions such as vmware workstation, Oracle Virtual Box and Microsoft
- Server Installation and Configurations. Learn and apply skills and knowledge to Install and configure servers. In this area of study, you also get to practically setup and install servers such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS services.
- Critical Thinking. Learn skills and knowledge required to use advanced-level critical thinking skills in a professional context. This includes using methods of analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Wireless LAN Setup. Learn and apply skills and knowledge required to build and arrange connectivity to a single zone wireless local area network (WLAN).
- Use network tools.
You will learn how to use network commands, software and tools to
troubleshoot and maintain network issues. Software tools such as
wireshark packet analyser will be used to monitor simulated networks.
Network hardware tools that would be used includes crimping tool, crone
tool and tone tracers.
- Cyber security risk management. Learn and apply basic cybersecurity risk management skills and knowledge.
Unit of competencies
- PGIBSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
- PGIBSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management
- PGIICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
- PGIBSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
- PGIICTNWK424 Install and operate small enterprise branch networks
- PGIICTNWK425 Build small wireless local area networks
- PGIICTNWK559 Install an enterprise virtual computing environment
- PGIICTSAS517 Use network tools
- PGIICTSAS518 Install and upgrade operating systems
- PGIICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- PGIICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
Job roles you can perform after completing this course
- IT Support Technician
- Network Technician
- Network Administrator
- Server Administrator
- Systems Administrator