Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery
Our commercial cookery qualifications prepare you to become a chef, cook or caterer.
- Get hands-on training in commercial kitchens.
- Learn how to prepare and cook dishes within industry timeframes.
- Have the knowledge to safely satisfy the dietary requirements of customers.
- Learn crucial food hygiene and WHS principles, practices and regulations.
- Receive an industry recognised qualification.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a commercial cook Graduates will use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items.
25 Units of Competency
21 core plus
- PGIBSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- PGIBSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- PGISITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- PGISITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- PGISITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads
- PGISITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- PGISITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- PGISITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes
- PGISITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes
- PGISITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes
- PGISITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- PGISITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- PGISITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook
- PGISITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- PGISITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus
- PGISITHPAT006 Produce desserts
- PGISITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- PGISITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- PGISITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- PGISITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
- PGISITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- PGISITHCCC015 Produce and serve food for buffets
- PGISITHCCC003 Prepare and present sandwiches
- PGISITHASC001 Produce dishes using basic methods of Asian cookery
- PGISITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable supplies
Note: This course is not available for online study.