Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking & Systems Administration) - PGIICT50220)
This dual specialty diploma of IT course is a 28 to 30 week full time course. This course teaches you advanced networking and server management, as well as system administration and ethical skills and knowledge.
Units (modules) studied in this course
includes installing and managing complex ICT networks, enterprise
communication solutions, managing network security, designing and
implementing virtual computing and network solutions.
This diploma course gives you the opportunity to also learn as well as apply knowledge and practical skills using solutions and technologies from globally recognised vendors such as Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, VMware, Fortinet, Oracle and WordPress.
IT knowledge and skills benefits from this course includes;
- Network & Server Security. You will also further broaden your knowledge and skills in identifying, planning and implement network, systems and overall cybersecurity measures for organisations.
- ICT leadership and management skills. Apart from the ICT technical skills, you will also learn how to plan, lead and manage a team, as well as manage client and network issues.
Job roles you can perform after completing this course
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Network Engineer
- NOC / SOC Technician
- CMS Designer / Administrator
- Web Designer
- Cyber Security Analyst, Technician or Specialist.
- Network or System Analyst
Unit of competencies
Originate and develop concepts *
- PGIBSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- PGIBSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- PGIICTSAS527 Manage client problems
Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation *
Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments *
- PGIICTNWK529 Install and manage complex ICT networks
- PGIICTNWK536 Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
- PGIICTNWK540 Design, build and test network servers
- PGIICTNWK546 Manage network security
- PGIICTNWK557 Configure and manage advanced virtual computing environments
- PGIICTNWK559 Install an enterprise virtual computing environment *
- PGIICTSAS512 Review and manage delivery of maintenance services
- PGIICTSAS524 Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan
- PGIICTNWK615 Design and configure desktop virtualization
- PGIICTSAS518 Install and upgrade operating systems *
- PGIBSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management *
- PGIICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and
- PGIBSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes *
- PGIICTSAS517 Use network tools *
Entry requirements for this course
1. In order to qualify for this course, you have to complete the PGIICT40220 Certificate 4 in Information Technology offered by us. If you have attained a different certificate 4 in IT course from us or another registered training organisation in Papua New Guinea or overseas, you can discuss with us options to take.
2. Applicants who do not posses at least a certificate 4 in IT certificate from IEA College of TAFE however are currently working in the ICT industry for more than 3 consecutive years in the area of systems, network or security administration may apply for this course. All applicants in this category would be subjected to an entry test and interview.
Note: This course is not available for online study.