Dual Diploma of Information Technology
(Advanced Networking & Systems Administration) - PGIICT50220)
This dual diploma of IT qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function. The dual diploma course is a full time course which runs for up to 30 weeks.
In this course, you will learn and advanced networking and server management, as well as system administration and ethical skills and knowledge.
Unit of competencies studied in this course
includes installing and managing complex ICT networks, enterprise
communication solutions, network security, and designing and
implementing virtual computing and network solutions.
This diploma course gives you the opportunity to also learn and apply knowledge and practical skills using solutions and technologies from globally recognised vendors such as Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, VMware, Fortinet, Oracle and WordPress.
IT knowledge and skills benefits from this course includes
- Virtualisation Server installation and configurations. You will further learn how to implement advanced virtualisation server configurations using globally recognised solutions such as Citrix, Microsoft Hyper V and VMware VSphere.
- Network & Server Security. You will also further broaden your knowledge and skills in identifying, planning and implement network, systems and overall cybersecurity measures for organisations.
- ICT leadership and management skills. Apart from the ICT technical skills, you will also learn how to plan, lead and manage a team, as well as manage client and network issues.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
You will also further enhance your critical thinking and troubleshooting skills through participating in various simulated network issues in the form of activities and projects.
Job roles you can perform after completing this course
- IT Support Technician
- Network Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Server Administrator
- Network Engineer
- NOC Technician
- SOC Technician
- CMS Server Administrator
- CMS Server Content Creator
- Email Server Administrator
- Web Designer
- Web Administrator
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Technician
- Network or System Analyst
Unit of competencies
Originate and develop concepts *
- PGIBSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- PGIBSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- PGIICTSAS527 Manage client problems
Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation *
Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments *
- PGIICTNWK529 Install and manage complex ICT networks
- PGIICTNWK536 Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
- PGIICTNWK540 Design, build and test network servers
- PGIICTNWK546 Manage network security
- PGIICTNWK557 Configure and manage advanced virtual computing environments
- PGIICTNWK559 Install an enterprise virtual computing environment *
- PGIICTSAS512 Review and manage delivery of maintenance services
- PGIICTSAS524 Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan
- PGIICTNWK615 Design and configure desktop virtualization
- PGIICTSAS518 Install and upgrade operating systems *
- PGIBSBXCS404 Contribute to cyber security risk management *
- PGIICTICT426 Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and
- PGIBSBCRT404 Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes *
- PGIICTSAS517 Use network tools *
What are the entry requirements?
1. In order to qualify for this course, you have to complete the PGIICT40220 Certificate 4 in Information Technology offered by the IEA College ofTAFE. If you have attained a certificate 4 in IT level course from IEA College of TAFE or other registered training organisation in Papua New Guinea or overseas, you can discuss with us options to take.
2. Applicants who do not posses at least a certificate 4 in IT from IEA College of TAFE but are currently working in the ICT industry for more than 3 consecutive years in the area of systems, network or security administration may apply for this course. All applicants in this category would be subjected to an entry test and interview.
What are the course fees?
1. Full enrolment
If you are enroling for the full dual diploma of IT qualification, the course fee is K7260.00
" This is a great deal for two Diploma of IT qualifications."
2. Partial enrolment
If you are enroling / reenroling to complete a one or some of the unit of competencies, the fee for each unit of competency is K363.00 --- ( K7260.00 divide by 20 unit of competencies). This means if you are reenroling to do or complete 5 units, the cost would be K363.00 x 5 = K1815
Do you have any other queries about this course?
Note: This course is not available for online study.